RE: Employee experience dilemma....

Subject: RE: Employee experience dilemma....
From: kimber_miller -at- acs-inc -dot- com
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 17:10:31 -0500

The original question Atticus posed was not addressing your question, and
neither were those of us who responded. You posed the question for Atticus to
consider, and none of the rest of us pick it up.

Certainly the manager should consider whether or not the company can afford to
withstand newbieness until it wears off. Can't we trust that companies who hire
unseasoned professionals expect there to be ramp-up? That's why their paychecks
have smaller numbers. Fake Lisa has been hired. We're commenting on the
situation at hand, not a theoretical one. We weren't given firing the woman as
an option to comment on.

The original poster asked for a professional reference that dealt with how he
would handle himself in a personal situation.

Perhaps another thread could start to address the question of whether companies
can afford to hire new professionals or whether only people with experience
should ever be hired...

</snit>

--Kimber