Exporting FrameMaker Documents to .asp - Problem with Graphics

Subject: Exporting FrameMaker Documents to .asp - Problem with Graphics
From: Amy Robertson <amydarby -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 07:33:50 -0700 (PDT)

We use FrameMaker to produce both hard-copy manuals
and material for the web (asp files). The graphics we
use are primarily screen captures (I use SnagIT) from
our products.

I have tried both "importing images by reference" and
"copying images into the document" and have the
following two problems:

1) I take a screen capture, resize it within SnagIT,
and place it in the document (either method) - the
image appears FUZZY both in the FrameMaker document
and in asp.

2) I take a screen capture, leave it the original
size, and resize it within FrameMaker - the image
either appears clear in the FrameMaker document and
TOO LARGE in the asp file or it appears TOO FUZZY in
both.

The Adobe User Guide points out that you can "copy
files imported by reference" into the asp file as you
export. I have tried this method as well - with
similar results.

I appreciate any assistance you can give - even if it
is to direct me to another online resource or point
out a different method to "capture" the images.

Please reply offline.

Thanks,
Amy

http://im.yahoo.com/