RE: converting sound files

Subject: RE: converting sound files
From: "Geoff Lane" <geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "'Henry Vandelinde'" <vandelinde -at- wordtek -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 15:11:40 +0100

Hi Henry,

Have you tried WinAmp -- it may be able to read the Mac files (if not, it
will read MP3 that you produce on the Mac). Not widely publicised is that
WinAmp has a filter (NullSoft Disk Writer) that creates .wav files from
whatever is playing. You configure this in Preferences->Output.

WinAmp is a free download from http://www.winamp.com

If all else fails, you can connect line out on the Mac to line in on the PC
sound card. You would then play on the Mac while recording on the PC.

HTH,

Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK
geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk