Re: authoring tools

Subject: Re: authoring tools
From: Sandra Law <sandra -at- qmaster -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 12:22:24 -0600

Michael Andrew Uhl wrote:

I'm also looking for an authoring tool to develop online (WBT) technical

training. Which ones do you currently use and why?

Thank you for all of the respnonses to my earlier query for URLs! You
guys are a great help.

I have used Authorware in the context of courses I have been taking in
Instructional Design. The final product is 'packaged' for web
delivery. You need a viewer (free) to see the resulting file.

I am leaning towards another Macromedia product, Course Builder, as it
can used be used in conjunction with Dreamweaver.

The software used to produce product demos where I work is Demo Shield.
I haven't used it so cannot provide any insights. You can find
information on it here.

http://www.installshield.com/demoshield/

Sandra Law