CD making

Subject: CD making
From: "Nancy C Kendall" <Nancy -dot- C -dot- Kendall -at- aexp -dot- com>
To: "misterhall%prodigy.net" <misterhall -at- prodigy -dot- net>
Date: 19 May 2000 13:38:10 -0700

I've used Easy CD Creator (on a Windows 98 system) to make a lot of CDs for
both personal and business use. The drag-and-drop function is great. However,
as "Jessica N. Lange" <jlange -at- oee -dot- com> says, how much is your time worth.

Using a 2x CD writer, it takes me about 30-40 minutes to "burn" a CD. Of
course, the amount of data being written determines the time needed. When you
add time for labeling and other such packaging considerations, you probably
should figure at least an hour per CD (and I'd double that!). Maybe the price
Jessica quoted is not unreasonable for 50 CD.

I believe you said you had an 8x CD writer. Is that the write speed or the
read speed? Better check.

Didn't your RW drive come with software? Mine did. That's why I initially used
Easy CD Creator!

Nancy