Re: them engineers

Subject: Re: them engineers
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 13:19:18 -0400

Sierra Godfrey said:

>Justin said:
>3. Bribe with chocolate.
>
>Yes, this is the way. I have several engineers here eating out of my hand because I have a full jar of treats on my desk. It's a little known fact that engineers are complete chocolate fiends.

And Dick replies:

Well, that wouldn't work here. The company provides an open kitchen full of all manner of snacks--heavy on the chocolate ones--for the taking. On the other hand, management, from top to bottom, supports the integration of tech writers into development teams from the very beginning of each project. So there is no two-cultures division between writers and developers.

Hmmm... do you suppose it would be worth giving up the leverage of being able to bribe with chocolate in exchange for full-fledged respect from engineers? I wonder ...

Dick Margulis--resumes gladly accepted ;-)