Re: O Adobe, Adobe! What a heartbreak company you are!

Subject: Re: O Adobe, Adobe! What a heartbreak company you are!
From: "Curtis Brautigam" <curtisb -at- nurserysupplies -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L digest (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 08:26:50 -0400

I believe that there is only one solution to the problem of Adobe failing to
support FrameMaker. If Mr. Warnock's address to the 1999 Framers conference
was a blatant lie, the only solution is to either press some other company
(anybody but Microsoft) to buy the FrameMaker product line or to see if us
FrameMaker users can take up a collection and buy the FrameMaker line for
ourselves. I just wonder why Adobe bought out Frame Technologies if they
seem to be taking a lackadaisical attitude to the product. I have not seen
the new Frame 6, but if they have not improved some of the features that us
Framers have been complaining about (the need for multiple undo, the ability
to highlight and move text by dragging it, etc.), then Adobe just isn't
serious about FrameMaker. If Adobe is really serious about FrameMaker, they
should not ignore the product in their magazine, and they should not make
cosmetic improvements to this product. None of us want to see Adobe dump
FrameMaker in favor of such inappropriate products to our profession as
PageMaker (which they bought from Aldus) or In Design. It is time for Adobe
to realize that there is a very serious and hard-core clientele for the
FrameMaker product line.

Curtis R. Brautigam
Technical Writer
Nursery Supplies, Inc.