Converting from Word 97 to PDF

Subject: Converting from Word 97 to PDF
From: "Curtis Brautigam" <curtisb -at- nurserysupplies -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L digest (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 08:47:17 -0400

I have one of those plug-ins (PDF Writer) to Word 97 that allows you to
convert to PDF. It seems to work fine if I want to convert small documents.
Here I have this long document (about 55 pages) that I want to convert to
PDF. After about 6 or 7 pages, I get an error message that there is no more
memory left. After that, the PDF Writer goes through the motions of printing
the rest of the document. When I try to open the PDF file in Acrobat, I get
a message that the program is trying to repair the file. Then it gives me an
error message that the attempt to repair failed and does not open the file.
What should I do in order to convert this large Word file to PDF? Or it one
of those millions of bugs in the Word 97 application that doesn't allow PDF
Writer to convert large files to PDF?

Curtis R. Brautigam
Technical Writer
Nursery Supplies, Inc.