Tech Writers of the World Unite!

Subject: Tech Writers of the World Unite!
From: "Tom Whitlam" <whitlam -at- pacific -dot- net -dot- sg>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 19:11:05 +0800

<snip>
> About Connie Giordano's comment "Now, if we could earn the
> same paychecks and
> the same recognition by the high mucky-mucks, we probably
> wouldn't need to
> vent so often." in response to Eddy's "Thou shalt not covet
> thy engineer's
> status."
</snip>

There's a cartoon which shows two vultures sitting on a tree branch,
overlooking a dry desert. One turns to the other and says, "Patience be
damned! I'm gonna kill something!"

The tech writer version of this is: "Patience be damned! I'm gonna code
something!"
<cracks open a library copy of "Java Programming Basics">
<slips the accompanying CD ROM into the drive>
<evil smile forms on his lips>
"Watch out engineers! Your days of supremacy are numbered! Soon the
top-paying positions will be for Writer/Analysts!!"

Tom Whitlam
Information Designer
http://home.pacific.net.sg/~whitlam