New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "Steve Miller" <mlevel -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 05:27:18 -0700

Deborah Ray <debray -at- raycomm -dot- com> asks:

> In your current position, approximately what percentage
> of time do you spend actually writing?

There might be two questions here, the other being:

"What percentage of time do you spend actually writing technical documentation?"

In my current job, I spend as much as 90 percent of my time writing (email,
questions, answers, approvals, requests, and various administrative things, and
documentation), but only 10-20 percent of that text ends up leaving the
building.