Re: Phone Interview: Update

Subject: Re: Phone Interview: Update
From: Stephen Martin <stpats -at- storm -dot- ca>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 09:39:48 -0400

"Humbird, LenX" wrote:

> Hmmm... if they offered more money than you asked for, then either:
> a) you seriously under-valued yourself during salary negotiations;
> b) They believed they were in competition for your skills;
> c) They were just being nice (I doubt that)

I'm just waiting to begin a new position with an engineering consulting
firm, for the Department of National Defence. During the interview
process they asked what I was looking for, and I gave them the range of
40-45,000. A little bit later they asked me again, and then went on to
say (sounding strangely apologetic about it) that "to be fair with the
other employees", they would have to give me 44-46,000.

Quite odd, but I wasn't going to argue with them about it. <g>

Cheers!