Re: Orlando Conference and Exhibits

Subject: Re: Orlando Conference and Exhibits
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: "Tom Johnson" <thomasj -at- freeway -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 19:15:49 -0700

At 08:06 AM 5/29/00, Tom Johnson wrote:

<snip>

I thought it was unjustifiably expensive. I had no good options about eating somewhere else - or even entertaining myself. I am not a Disney fan. In my opinion, the Disney Dolphin was an architectural atrocity.

The meeting rooms were comfortable, but I found myself longing for a table or even a tray on my chair so I could take notes comfortably.

The committee must remember that some of us pay our own way.

Marilynne
<snip>
In closing, I'd like to say the conference was well worth the time, but it
would have been nicer at more reasonably-priced location. For my tastes,
Disney was more of an annoyance than a benefit. Next year the conference
will be in Chicago. Let's hope the hotel will be less expensive.

Tom Johnson
Technical Writer
Elk Rapids Engineering Div., Star Cutter Company

johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com - work
thomasj -at- freeway -dot- net - personal

Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM
marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com