RE: marketing chick

Subject: RE: marketing chick
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- uswest -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM. COM" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 14:45:15 -0700

Guilty! I regard marketing writing as a foreign craft, mostly because I'm
not very good at it. It takes a lot of work for me, whereas I know folks who
are really great at it. Give me software documentation any day of the week!

That said, I enjoy the challenge, and I like having a job where I can do
different kinds of writing. Life gets pretty boring otherwise.

By the way, in both this job and my last one, marketing has been regarded as
this sort of out-of-control entity up with which we all must put (to quote
Winston). I suspect that part of this attitude is that marketing is/was our
primary customer. Even the developers feel that way.

Lisa