Re: HTML

Subject: Re: HTML
From: John Yunker <jyunker -at- fxtrans -dot- com>
To: Michele Davis <mdavis -at- bitstream -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 11:31:37 -0400

Michele --

go to www.w3.org. They'll have the info you'll need.

"lang" refers to the language of the text. For example, if your web page was in French, you would add at the beginning: <HTML lang="fr">. Basically, it instructs the target browser to apply French rules to the text. It can also be used for specific text blocks as needed. But it shouldn't be confused with the META charset tag.

"dir" refers to text directionality. This becomes an issue with Arabic and Hebrew as they display from right to left. I can point you in the right direction if you want to see it in action.

Hope this helps...

At 10:12 AM 6/2/00 -0500, Michele Davis wrote:

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the attributes *lang* and *dir*
mean in HTML when it comes to the <HR> element.

John Yunker
<jyunker -at- fxtrans -dot- com>
ForeignExchange Translations, Inc.
Phone: 401.454.0787