Re: At what resolution should I capture?

Subject: Re: At what resolution should I capture?
From: John Yunker <jyunker -at- fxtrans -dot- com>
To: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- uswest -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:21:50 -0400

Lisa,

If you're ultimate goal is to print the screen shots, then you'll need to capture at 300dpi, the higher the rez the better. 72 dpi is fine if all you're doing is using the image on a web site.

At 01:19 PM 6/13/00 -0700, Lisa Wright wrote:

And another question. If I'm outputting to a 1200 dpi printer, does the
resolution of my screen captures matter as much? The only effect I can see
of saving a bitmap at a higher resolution is that the print jobs take
longer, until eventually the printer pukes and won't print the graphic at
all if it's a 1200 pixels/inch bitmap.

John Yunker
<jyunker -at- fxtrans -dot- com>
ForeignExchange Translations, Inc.