Re: Orlando Conference and Exhibits (rambl

Subject: Re: Orlando Conference and Exhibits (rambl
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 13:07:56 -0500

> My
> theory (and I'm a presenter myself) is that if
> you're good at this, you're going to be good, and
> if you're a person who is not comfortable speaking
> in public, there's not much STC can do to help.

And many of us get into comparatively-introverted careers (tech writing)
because we don't feel comfortable in comparatively-extroverted careers (such as
anything that requires public speaking), which might tend to skew the
population.

Tracy
Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc