RE: Word gripe (Float over text)

Subject: RE: Word gripe (Float over text)
From: Jean Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 10:17:05 +1000

I have Word 97 with SR-2 and my system still has float over text as the default. I have read in several places that this was changed (as Guru says) so I'm not sure why I am so unfortunate.

Cheers, Jean

At 01:10 3/06/00 +0530, Guru Kamath wrote:

Apparently, you are using Word 97 without the SR-1 patch. I believe that the
SR-1 fixes this default option. With the patch, pictures placed will not
have the float over text problem. By default they will be placed correctly
at the cursor location. Download the SR-1 patch (for Microsoft Office) from
the Microsoft download area for Word and install it.

Jo asked:

I'm doing some quick and dirty screen captures just for reference for my
current task. Word's default seems to be to insert it with the Float
over text option enabled. ...

Is there some way to disable this stupid default? I don't remember it
always being like this, but I can't find where to change it.