Re: working with other writers

Subject: Re: working with other writers
From: Kathy10th -at- aol -dot- com
To: bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com, TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 21:56:21 EDT

Bruce Byfield writes:

<< If some team members have considerably less
experience than others, then their input simply isn't worth as
much. >>

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this. Junior members of a team may
have some completely nutty ideas due to their inexperience, but that does not
mean that they don't have anything worthwhile to contribute! The quickest way
to make sure that certain members of a team (the junior ones, in particular)
are afraid to contribute, is to make them feel that their ideas and opinions
are worthless. If you make members of a team afraid to contribute, that
negates the whole purpose behind having a team.

Just my opinion (this was not intended as a flame).

Kathy Kurth
Technical Writer II
Graebel Companies, Inc.