RE: Should I Start Sending Out My Resume?

Subject: RE: Should I Start Sending Out My Resume?
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "'claudette69 -at- mindspring -dot- com'" <claudette69 -at- mindspring -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 10:28:45 -0400

Kim,

Advice from someone who has been through several re-orgs and layoffs, and
has learned the knack for seeing the writing on the wall before most.
ALWAYS get your resume up-to-date after six to eight months in a position
(whether a new organization or a promotion). This gives you time to
understand the nature of the position, accomplish a few things, and decide
if you made a good decision. You may love the job now, but it can change in
a heartbeat, and nobody is irreplaceable. Geoff, who always has wonderfully
sensible advice, is right once again, you need to be patient, network and
find out what's going on. In the meantime, dust it off and polish it up.
It's good practice.

MTC

Connie Giordano