Should I Start Sending Out My Resume?

Subject: Should I Start Sending Out My Resume?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: techwr-l digest recipients <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 10:40:01 -0700

claudette69 -at- mindspring -dot- com wrote:

>I am meeting with my new 'manger' Monday, but I am wondering if this means
>that TPTB plan to eventually phase out the doc group. The company's
>headquarters is in Omaha and they have a staff of tech writers there as
>well--although I don't know how many.
>
>What do you think. Should I start looking for employment eleswhere or am I
>just overreacting?

Sounds like you have just enough reason to be suspicious, but not
enough to confirm or deny anything.

Maybe full job-search mode is a little premature, but it couldn't
hurt to polish your resume
and to start seeing who's hiring. Even if you survive these new
changes, others may be coming along. Full-time jobs in high-tech
have a way of disappearing without warning. A company can change
directions or lose a major investor over night, and, the next
thing you know, you're on the street.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"And now my burden, it gives me pain,
For my long-lost Franklin, I would cross the main,
Ten thousand pounds I would freely give
To say that on earth my Franklin do live."
- Traditional, "Lady Franklin's Dream"