Objects that share a fate

Subject: Objects that share a fate
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <markl -at- gilian -dot- com>
To: TechWr-L <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 12:35:02 +0300

As Andy Rooney said, the same things keep happening
to the same people. Again I'm looking for a pair
of words to describe a relationship. This is a
relationship in which by doing something to one
object, the user automatically does it to a number
of other specified objects. The way, in a cheap
old fantasy movie, when you kill the great scaly
monster all the little scaly monsters wither away.
Like last time, I think am not bound by expectations
of a particular vocabulary (certainly not "master/slave")
but I would like to use terms that users will find
quickly understandable and not too frivolous.

We have "parent/child" tentatively in mind, but we
would rather not have people thinking in database
terms because this is rather an ad hoc relationship,
for the purpose of only one or two commands.

Thanks for any help.

Mark L. Levinson
markl -at- gilian -dot- com
nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il