Revision databases programs?

Subject: Revision databases programs?
From: "Scudder, Beth" <beth -dot- scudder -at- retek -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:24:46 -0500

Hey all,

A techwriting friend of mine sent this question to me. I don't have the
answer for him, but I thought someone out there might.

My friend asks:

Is there such a thing as an electronic revision database system for
technical writing? The programmers here have a bug database in which they
register all the bugs and then fix them whenever they get the time. We want
our own database so that when someone says, "this thing should go in the
manual," we can enter it as a change to make for the next revision.

We are planning to create a spreadsheet, but I'm guessing there's some
handier software program out there. Is there?

--Any help is appreciated!

Beth Scudder
Technical Editor/Writer
Retek Inc.