Re: Revision databases programs?

Subject: Re: Revision databases programs?
From: "Barb Einarsen" <barb -dot- einarsen -at- gnnettest -dot- com>
To: "Scudder, Beth" <beth -dot- scudder -at- retek -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:38:56 -0400

Beth Scudder's Friend asks> Is there such a thing as an electronic revision
database system for
> technical writing? The programmers here have a bug database in which they
> register all the bugs and then fix them whenever they get the time. We
want
> our own database so that when someone says, "this thing should go in the
> manual," we can enter it as a change to make for the next revision.

We use Track (Bug Track Software) for both the development bugs and the
documentation bugs/change requests. I search for my bugs and keep them up to
date, just like rest of the R&D team. I recommend you try to be included in
whatever your developers are using, it never hurts to be part of the larger
team.

Barb Einarsen
Technical Writer
GN Nettest -- NOD

905 479 8090 extension 4340
barb -dot- einarsen -at- gnnettest -dot- com
www.gnnettest.com