Re. Revision databases programs?

Subject: Re. Revision databases programs?
From: Roger Bell <RBell -at- OptioSoftware -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:26:03 -0400

Beth, perhaps the system your programmers use has some fields for technical
writers/documentation comments.

That is the case with NuMega's TrackRecord. Programmers, QA, and
Documentation share this database. You can set up separate databases for
each product. If you get alpha and beta releases of your products during
your documentation development, TrackRecord even allows for you to report
bugs or poorly designed features.

Good luck,
Roger Bell
Technical Writer
Optio Software, Inc.
Web: http://www.optiosoftware.com/
E-mail: mailto:rbell -at- optiosoftware -dot- com
Telephone: +1.770.576.3718
Fax: +1.770.576.3647

Subject: Revision databases programs?
From: "Scudder, Beth" <beth -dot- scudder -at- retek -dot- com>

<snip>

Is there such a thing as an electronic revision database system for
technical writing? The programmers here have a bug database in which they
register all the bugs and then fix them whenever they get the time. We want
our own database so that when someone says, "this thing should go in the
manual," we can enter it as a change to make for the next revision.

<snip>