Re: Client from Hell redux

Subject: Re: Client from Hell redux
From: Gwen Thomas <GThomas -at- PaySys -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 13:06:05 -0400

Andrew Plato wrote:
Case in point, I had a client that was pissing around getting me access to
some
servers. Tired of their ineffectual bureaucracy I walked into the server
room
and added myself to the NT domain as a domain administrator.

GT:
If a contractor working for me committed such a flagrant breach of security,
I'd have him walked out of the building immediately. Then I'd jump on the
phone to the contract firm to see whether the contractor's employment
agreement specified such an action on the part of the contractor as
immediate cause for dismissal by the contract company. If not, I'd get my
company's legal department involved immediately, and I'd recommend severing
relationships with the contract firm.

Gwen Thomas
The opinions I express here are mine, and mine alone.