RE: Finder's fee

Subject: RE: Finder's fee
From: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- interaccess -dot- com>
To: Joanne Meehl <Jmeehl -at- datum -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 00 14:04:27 -0500

Joanne Meehl is wondering about "finder's fees" for recruiting technical
writers.
<snip>
Is such a thing commonplace when recruiting technical writers?
And if so, how much was the "fee", and was it paid to you once the new
employee was there a certain amount of time?
<snip>

In my experience, it depends on the company. The consulting company i
currently work for pays a recruitement bonus for every employee you refer and
is then hired. How much depends on the time of year - I think it's more
towards the end of the calendar year - and maybe the position, some positions
are more highly sought after than others.

hope this helps,

jan
jarnopol -at- Interaccess -dot- com