Re: How Many TWs to Change a Light Bulb?

Subject: Re: How Many TWs to Change a Light Bulb?
From: Marilyn_Baldwin -at- capgroup -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 18:24:28 -0700

Peter Newman claimed that it takes 1393 TWs to change a light bulb.

I beg to differ, Peter, but the correct answer is 1550. You forgot:

25 to claim that Microsoft has been secretly buying up stock in
various energy-related companies and will one day control global
light bulb production,

12 to rag on the instructions printed on the light bulb packaging
of several manufacturers and to complain about the obvious lack of
standards in the industry,

9 to debate whether the graphics on the packaging are vector or
rastar,

75 to fervently promote the use of Frame over Word (they will jump
into **any** discussion, no matter how unrelated),

11 to wonder what Andrew Plato thinks about all of this,

6 to claim that Andrew's smart-ass opinions will be off the mark,
anyway,

1 (AP himself) to tell us to get off our butts, GET THE WORK DONE,
and THEN sit around whining about the pros and cons of light bulbs
the importance of usability testing, and the need for group hugs,

4 newbies asking what kind of light bulbs we experienced folks think
they should use, where decent training can be found, and whether
they could accomplish what they need via distance learning,

8 to propose that maybe light bulb-changing can be done once weekly
by a telecommuter,

3 to remind us that there are legal and DR implications in the whole
light bulb issue,

2 to offer repetetive stress injury stories involving the changing
of light bulbs,

and finally,

Eric to remind us that we have strayed far off the mark and that the
privileges for an indeterminate amount of time.