RE: Tech Writer screening questions

Subject: RE: Tech Writer screening questions
From: "Maria Drago" <maria -dot- drago -at- undp -dot- org>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:10:36 -0400

Mary, I think you make some great points, and one question occurs to me:

if you're being interviewed for a TW job and have NOT been taken on any
sort of a tour, you've only basically gone a short path from, say, HR to
the person in the dept. where the job is located and you don't have a
strong sense of the work environment, has anyone out there had the chudspah
to a-s-k for a tour? If so, what kind of a response did you get to the

As a potential future employee, I would be curious to get a sense of what
Mary speaks of in her message, but I wonder if making that request would be
received the way seeming too preoccupied with the vacation day policy may
cause potential employers to wonder if you're really who they'd want after

Interested to hear about anyone's experiences, from either side of the