Identifying Drafts and Issues

Subject: Identifying Drafts and Issues
From: "Conner, Stuart" <sconner -at- ndsuk -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 09:43:42 +0100

Hi all,

In our document numbering scheme, we use letters to identify document drafts
and numbers to identify document issues. Hence we have 'Draft A' and 'Issue
1'. Is this common practise, as opposed to using numbers for drafts and
letters for issues ('Draft 1' and 'Issue A')? Are there any authoritative
references that support the use of either one scheme or the other?

Thanks,

Stuart Conner
NDS Systems Division Technical Publications
Chilworth, Hampshire
Tel: +44 (0)23 8087 6084
E-mail: sconner -at- ndsuk -dot- com

Information contained in this email message is intended only for
use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication in error, please immediately notify us by email
to postmaster -at- ndsuk -dot- com and destroy the original message.