RE: Repeat Edit

Subject: RE: Repeat Edit
From: Deborah Snavely <dsnavely -at- aurigin -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:22:53 -0700

>Martin Smith asked:
>>What do you mean by a repeat edit function? I do a lot of FrameScript
>>programming and wonder if I might be able to write a simple script to
>>provide that functionality...

Susan Gallagher responded:
>Repeat edit is the F4 key in Word. You type "ing", then you move your
>cursor and hit F4 and "ing" appears at the cursor position; or you
>highlight a word and delet it, then you highlight another word and
>press F4 and it's deleted, or you apply body style to a paragraph,
>move your cursor and press F4 and body style is applied to that
>paragraph... Repeat edit = repeat whatever it was that I did before.

FrameMaker/Mac has at least one built-in repeat edit, and has had since 4.0:

repeat the last paragraph formatting command I did (Command-Shift-M).
It's one of many reasons (including command-key shortcut access to
both Special and Graphic menus) why I work offsite whenever possible for
conversions, graphics, and indexing, even when the final copy is done on
Frame/Windows.

Deborah Snavely, Senior Technical Writer, Aurigin Systems, Inc.