RE: Negative space-before or -after in FrameMaker paras?

Subject: RE: Negative space-before or -after in FrameMaker paras?
From: Deborah Snavely <dsnavely -at- aurigin -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:32:26 -0700

From: "Guy K. Haas" <ghaas -at- selectica -dot- com>

>Is there a way to make the pre-paragraph and/or post-paragraph
>spacing negative in FrameMaker? I can ENTER "-8.0 pts" but
>FrameMaker 5.5.6 seems to honor the absolute value, ignoring the
>sign.

As someone else said, Frame adds the space below and space above for
affected paragraphs. One reason why I prefer to design templates that
routinely use only one or the other for most purposes. (There's always
exceptions, but such minimizes instances of needing to change two paragraphs
to make one change.)

Deborah Snavely, Senior Technical Writer, Aurigin Systems, Inc.