RE: Structure vs Substance?

Subject: RE: Structure vs Substance?
From: Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com>
To: "John Locke" <mail -at- freelock -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:53:46 -0700

At 03:25 PM 6/13/00 -0700, John Locke wrote:

As I understand it, Entropy, in Thermodynamics, is the tendency for heat to
move to cold, and all things to become equal. This fits your description
above.

So now where does structure fit in? I would argue that structure is the
ultimate result of Entropy: the end leveling effect that makes everything
the same. Quite the opposite of whimsy...

Let's consider the opposite of Entropy: concentrations of matter into
clumps, concentrations of heat (such as the sun, or a black hole).
As the Universe progresses toward the entropy state, disorder and chaos
increase. Synonyms for whim or whimsy include caprice, vagary.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
Voice/Fax: 949-722-8971 E-Mail: danemory -at- primenet -dot- com
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
majordomo -at- omsys -dot- com with "subscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.