Re: Documentation Coding

Subject: Re: Documentation Coding
From: "Chris Jackson" <crassick -at- bellsouth -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:21:14 -0500

For our software documentation, we use:

uuvv-wwxx-yyzz

where

uu=version number of the software product
vv=assigned product number
ww=assigned platform number
xx=assigned manufacturer number
yy=release month
zz=release year

This system is supposed to work for all of our products, not just
documentation. It's got glitches, such as differentiating between the
products and the documentation for products. Fixing that is on my list.

I prefer having meaning in the numbers. Even just putting in the release
date could be helpful somewhere down the line.

Chris Jackson

Stuart Conner <sconner -at- ndsuk -dot- com> wrote in message
news:LYRIS-27054-25154-2000 -dot- 06 -dot- 15-07 -dot- 42 -dot- 47--crassick#bellsouth -dot- net -at- lists -dot- ray
comm.com...