RE: User Names + Joe Bloggs

Subject: RE: User Names + Joe Bloggs
From: "krupp, marguerite" <krupp_marguerite -at- emc -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:50:41 -0400

I was always fond of "Lee Shore," myself. At one company, we kept a list of
androgynous names posted outside someone's cubicle.

I understand that the sensitivity to using people's names is even higher in
Europe than in the litigious US. Some translators have told me that they go
so far as to substitute the names of vegetables (which often means recasting
the whole example) just to avoid this issue.

FWIW,
Marguerite