summary: salaries and job hunting in Europe

Subject: summary: salaries and job hunting in Europe
From: avobert -at- twh -dot- nbg -dot- de (Alexander Von_obert)
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 20 Jun 00 22:54:00 +0000

Hello,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von sandra -dot- farkas -at- informix -dot- com an All am 13.06.00

ss> For resources in German, there are the http://www.tekom.de/
ss> Web site and the Tech Writer's Home mailing list at
ss> t-allgem -at- twh -dot- nbg -dot- de -dot-

subscription information for this (and a few other mailing lists for TW and
translators) is at http://www.techwriter.de/thema/mailingl.htm. As my services
are 98% in German I have not yet created an english version of my Web site.

ss> I was repeatedly warned to expect a big tax burden. The
ss> trade-off is much more vacation time (starting at 5 weeks
ss> in most locations), and, depending on the country, shorter
ss> work hours

Which is quite true. Here in Germany you can easily have more than 50%
substracted - including a compulsory health insurance that works quite
differently than in the US. Life is different over here...

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

--
Alexander von Obert, Urbanstr. 2, 90480 Nuernberg, Germany
Free-lance technical writer (electronics, software)