Re: Piracy (was RE: recommend a book on Framemaker)

Subject: Re: Piracy (was RE: recommend a book on Framemaker)
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>, "List, Techwriter" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 08:34:56 -0700 (PDT)

Sean...I can appreciate your giving the benefit of the doubt, though it is
misplaced.

If I own a single user software and even if I uninstall, I lend a copy to
someonme else, it is still the same. Single-use software is based on the
registered user, not the active seat.

Now, if the registration is transfered also...

I'm not going to prolong the discussion...in my response, I simply said
that some of us who have spent major $$ might have a problem with the
ethics involved. I have the right to have a problem with it...it cost me $750.00.

=====
John Posada
jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com
john -at- tdandw -dot- com