Re: Demos and Wizards

Subject: Re: Demos and Wizards
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "Betler, Maura" <Maura_Betler -at- G1 -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:47:51 -0400

"Betler, Maura" wrote:

> Hi, everyone.
>
> I have a new position at my company, Group 1 Software. As part of my
> responsibilities, I must evaluate and recommend software that enables
> us to produce web-enabled training, multi-media demos, and GUI product
> "wizards".
>
> Questions:
>
> Can you recommend software applications I should evaluate?
>
> What are *you* using to do these things?
>
> Is there any one tool that does all three things "elegantly"? (Okay, I
> know it's wishful thinking!)
>
> Thanks for any information/guidance you can provide!

While not exactly software, MS Agent technology is great for solving
your situation. Look at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/c-frame.htm?/workshop/imedia/agent/default.asp

For easy scripting look at http://www.bellcraft.com

Then find the Agent Ring on the net and poke around. There's a ton of
information on this subject that is fun to play with. Since it is a new
technology, most of it is free.

The core technology is already incorporated in the new MS operating
systems, Win2k and Windows ME. I cannot comment further on the
implementation because I am under an NDA.

The animation effects are easily customized. Your companies graphics
department can readily create proprietary animation characters.

HTH

--
Peter

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a
minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute-and it's
longer than any hour. That's relativity," - Einstein-