Re: SI system A -- Ampere

Subject: Re: SI system A -- Ampere
From: Jean-Daniel_Gross -at- Millipore -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:51:51 +0200

In addition what Bernd said about correct use of measurement units, the
international standard (SI) for that is :
ISO 1000 (Nov 1992)

One dilemma which is not solved with this ISO-standard is for "litre" :
small "l" or caps "L" ?
Consequently, "ml" or "mL" for millilitre because litre (or liter) is not
the "standard" for volume measurement as cubic-meter has been chosen,
....but who would drink cubic-meters of beer !

I recommend all technical writers to buy this ISO1000 standard (and also
available in many languages).

Best regards

Jean-Daniel Gross
Tech Writer-France