Re: Recruiter Question: Clear Point

Subject: Re: Recruiter Question: Clear Point
From: Tina Cipolla <tcipolla -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:32:00 -0400

Mike Stockman opined:

>Clear Point is the only one that *doesn't* merit the description
>"blood-sucking weasels."

Actually, my own recent experience with Clearpoint proves otherwise. I contracted recently in the Boston area and when I first arrived I called Clearpoint--after having previously good experiences with them. I told them I was looking for $65/hr. (which I know is definately in range in Boston) and the shocked recruiter told me "our highest paid contractors are making $45/hr, and that is with years of senior experience."
Within two days of talking to Clearpoint, I was able to get a job paying $73/hr, and I started that week. This tells me one thing: Clearpoint is taking way too high of a markup these days, and people working for them are not getting their fair share.

Tina