Re: Date format

Subject: Re: Date format
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:58:59 -0700

Gilda_Spitz -at- markham -dot- longview -dot- ca wrote:

(*snip*)

> When we provide instructions for date format, we want to say
something like
> "mm/dd/yyyy". (Yes, I know this is American format; British and
Canadian
> format would be "dd/mm/yyyy".)

I'm partial to DDMMYY, as in 06JUN60. Removes any ambiguity about
which number is which.

> Would you use upper or lower case?

Looks like your format is all numbers! :o)

With just two letters for the month, you run into trouble with JUne
and JUly ... another plus for my preferred format.

My $.00075 ....

--gdw

> Gilda Spitz

Obligatory .sig: