Word? Framemaker?

Subject: Word? Framemaker?
From: "Y." <mariposa149 -at- worldspy -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:26:46 -0700

Hi

I've just been offered a job at another co where it will be my decision what
software (wordprocessing) to use.

I am leaning toward Frame since that's the industry standard and my skills
are only beginner level with it. If we use Frame, this will force me to get
really good.

However, I am afraid it will slow me down in the beginning (my learning
curve) and I want to make a good first impression.

I know Word very well, but I really wanted to work with Frame - eventually -
so that I will become as good on it as I am with Word.

Maybe I should use Word at first and then switch? I don't know if they will
go for that - it could be pricey. Maybe not, though - I think they already
have Word.

Also, setting up all my stuff (templates, etc.) in one and then down the
road changing over is wasted effort.

I really don't know what to do.

Frame is great but sometimes the steps to complete things are a bit
cumbersome - and I don't find it as intuitive as Word.

Can someone make a suggestion? Which do you like better? Would you advise
doing one first and then the other? What are the benefits of Word? The
drawbacks? And the same for Frame - the benefits? Drawbacks?

Where I am now we use Wordperfect (it is terrible.)

Sorry if this is rambling on. I am kind of thinking out loud as I write!

Barb Y.