RE: Interview Techniques

Subject: RE: Interview Techniques
From: "RUBOTTOM, AL" <ARUBOTTOM -at- SENSORMATIC -dot- COM>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 13:03:30 -0700

The first book I bought when I got my first tech writer/editor job was The
Craft of Interviewing [Writer's Digest Books], as I was faced with many
engineers & scientists as SMEs [& internal customers!] frmo whom I needed to
get the info for every project I worked on. It's 25 yrs old now, and no
doubt many others are as good or better perhaps?, but it's a fine start.
Beyond semi-obvious common-sense advice, Brady lays out useful approaches to
getting what you need.

BTW, Writer's Digest [ http://www.writersdigest.com ] has lots of useful
writers' references, how-to's and such. Very useful for TWs & any other kind
of writer you aspire to be.