Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com>
To: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 14:06:36 -0700

At 12:36 PM 7/3/00 -0700, Tom Murrell wrote:

--- Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com> wrote:

> Real usability testing would invalidate 90% of the on-line help
> documents produced since 1995.

So, your point would be?

It's so easy to be a bomb-thrower on the list, isn't it? What is your
recommendation for solving the problem of invalid usability tests? Give up?
What constructive thing can you add to the discussion?
Invalid usability testing, I thought I made clear, is not the issue.
What I said that real usability would demonstrate the utter worthlessness
of about 90% of the online help systems delivered in the past 5 years.

| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
Voice/Fax: 949-722-8971 E-Mail: danemory -at- primenet -dot- com
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
majordomo -at- omsys -dot- com with "subscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.