Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com>
To: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 12:25:33 -0700

At 12:12 PM 7/3/00 -0700, Tom Murrell wrote:

--- Deborah Ray <debray -at- raycomm -dot- com> wrote:
> Good morning!
>
> I've updated the TECHWR-L Poll with a new question:
>
> The documentation produced in your group undergoes formal
> usability testing
>
> * Always
> * Frequently
> * Occasionally
> * Rarely
> * Never
> * Not applicable/None of the above

I hope the responses to this poll are honest. So far, they show that we are a
long way from where many of us say we want to be on usability testing. Of
course, you have to take things as you are able to, and in my place we're still
teaching TW 101. Usability testing is somewhere in the 500s, I fear.
Real usability testing would invalidate 90% of the on-line help
documents produced since 1995.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
Voice/Fax: 949-722-8971 E-Mail: danemory -at- primenet -dot- com
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
majordomo -at- omsys -dot- com with "subscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.