Re: Proposal Software

Subject: Re: Proposal Software
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: Laura Scharf <paisleyscharf -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 20:51:34 -0400

Laura Scharf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm pretty new to the list and I'm hoping that someone out there can give me
> some advice. I'm a junior technical writer at a Canadian telecom. company
> and I also write bids and proposals. We're looking into investing in a
> proposal software package and I'm just starting to research a few. I know
> that this isn't in the usual technical writer "vein", but I was hoping that
> someone on the list was familiar with a good proposal software package and
> could recommend one or two to me. Also, if anyone knows of any to avoid, I'd
> appreciate that information, too.

Don't mean to deflate the balloon. Can you clarify what you are looking
for in proposal software. Do you mean bidding software that breaks tasks
down into sectors for pricing and common costs. Since each entity has
its own requirements for RFPs, it would seem to me that proposal
software must be industry and/or entity specific, in some fashion. The
best proposal software is called brains, common sense and experience.
I have seem many items of software that claim to be: either proposal
software, or business planning software. Nothing I have seen is worth a
____m.

--
Peter

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a
minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute-and it's
longer than any hour. That's relativity," - Einstein-