Document Convention

Subject: Document Convention
From: scott -at- soffront -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 12:01:46 -0700

Hello,
I write for a program that is being changed. We have "invented" a new menu
name feature, and I am having trouble writing procedures.
The old method required a user to select a command from a menu name. For
example "On the Query menu, click New."
Now, there are no commands; when a user clicks a menu name, the dialog box
automatically displays. For example, "Click the Query menu."
Except I don't feel "Click the Query menu" is very clear.
I adhere to the Microsoft Manual of Style, so I'd like to be consistent to
their terminology.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Scott