PageMaker vs FrameMaker Comparison

Subject: PageMaker vs FrameMaker Comparison
From: Bonita White <bwhite -at- youcentric -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:54:53 -0400

Good morning (afternoon, evening) All,

I have to try to convince my new supervisor--I just moved from a one
woman shop where I could order almost anything without question, to
being part of a department where I have to justify why I want to use a
particular software. So I need as many reasons as possible why I need
to purchase FrameMaker instead of using PageMaker for the manual.

Just a little background: The manual is going to be at least 250-300
pages; it will need to be translated into at least one other language
immediately, more later; it will need to be modular because I will have
to customize it to match EACH clients software; and no one here,
including me, has ever put together a document in PageMaker that was
more than about 100 pages in length.

Any and all reasons as to why Frame would be the better package to
use--I think so, but then I am completely biased toward Frame--would
begreatly appreciated.

TIA,
Bonita