Re: Productivity Metrics

Subject: Re: Productivity Metrics
From: Mark Dempsey <dempseys3 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Stephen -dot- MacDonald -at- Aspect -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:10:45 -0700 (PDT)

Interesting side note here: Jeremy Rifkin ("The Age of
Access") says the new economy is driving accountants
nuts because all the things they're used to measuring
are going away. Plant, equipment, patents, etc. are
all leased, outsourced, etc. Nike doesn't make
sneakers, it designs and markets them. How do you
evaluate a company that has as its primary asset "a
really good idea"...?

In my experience, technical publications metrics are
baloney, BTW...Better: usability testing/surveys of
users (internal and external).

=====
--
-- Regards,