RE: OT: Changing Powerpoint default font

Subject: RE: OT: Changing Powerpoint default font
From: "Sherman, Bryan" <BSherman -at- synchrony -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:59:21 -0400

Depends on what you mean by default Font...

BEST solution would be a customized template(s) that everyone should use.
There is no way to globally change ALL the fonts in ALL the templates.

This way you can set the title and body placeholders to the desired font.

If you want text boxes that you are adding to the slide to default (and you
really shouldn't do this alot) you can do this while editing the template.

1. From the template, create a new text box.
2. Select Font from the format menu.
3. Select your desired default font formats.
4. Click the defualt for new objects checkbox.
5. Click OK
6. Close and save the .POT

Now when this template is used, new objects will default to these settings.

The default template is "Blank Presentation" and is found in C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Templates (or another drive if changed from
defaults).

HTH

Bryan