Re: My web site

Subject: Re: My web site
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:23:06 -0700

Jeff Hanvey <jewahe -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

(*snip*)

> My question is, what do you think about being
> redirected while browsing? Is there any evidence that
> users find them annoying (I sometimes do)?

Typically, when I'm browsing, I have three or four windows open. When
I open a new page, I check one of the other pages. What I hate,
though, is a "redirect" that says "Dude --! My site, like, moved!
Click *here* to go to the new site!"

... and when I finally get around to checking the page which should
have loaded already, it hasn't. That's what annoys me about redirects.

--gdw

> =====
> Jeff Hanvey

Obligatory .sig:

"I am Zsa Zsa of Borg. Prepare to be assimilated dahling!"